Light the Night Fundraising Specialist – Lexington, Kentucky
Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) or more small to midsize fundraising campaign or core event(s), and/or multiple independent elements on several campaigns or core events for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS’ mission, within the Chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
STATUS: TEMPORARY POSITION EMPLOYED THROUGH OLIVER STAFFING.
Additional Position Information:
Part time 15-20 hours per week temporary assignment through approximately the end of November 2017. Possibility of growing into a full-time permanent position, contingent upon the success of the fundraiser.
- Oversee all aspects of small to midsize fundraising campaign(s) to include the Light The Night or and other ancillary other campaigns, including participation in committee meetings, recruitment and kickoff events, etc.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement, utilization and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, interns, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Manage and adhere to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking revenue and expenses associated with assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support in LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years fundraising, event planning, sales, marketing, communications, experience.
- Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Professional and solid judgment.
- Willingness to attend on-line and in-person trainings, and ability to put learned best practices and national and local resources into use.
- Collaborate with Chapter staff ensuring success of fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Self-starter, driven, “outside the box” thinker.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work some evenings or weekends throughout the fundraising campaign.