The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), Long Island Chapter is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support our local fundraising campaigns. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; event coordination and management; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: American Humanics, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Social Work or other related areas of study.
• Communication with participating school coordinators via phone and/or email.
• Create fundraising webpages for schools and classrooms
• Prepare and mail prize packages to schools who have completed the program.
• Represent The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its mission professionally at all times.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School degree
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Outgoing, positive and can-do attitude
• A demonstrated commitment to the LLS mission and values
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar volunteer roles in comparable organizations.
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar volunteer roles in comparable organizations.