Light The Night – Campaign Intern Job Description
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) works toward curing Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and Myeloma, as well as improving the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk funds lifesaving research and support for people battling cancer. It is a less than 2 mile annual evening walk that takes place in October at Piedmont Park. This walk is intended to be a celebration of life where we honor patients and remember those we have lost. Friends, families and co-workers form fundraising teams and millions of consumers help by donating at retail outlets. There are four Light the Night walks that are carried out by the LLS- Georgia Chapter.
This is an ideal position for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in non-profit, fundraising/development, event coordination and/or public relations while making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by blood cancers. We are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The applicant should have a strong work ethic, maintain attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Applicants who are proficient in Microsoft Office (including Publisher and Excel) and have some experience in event planning, marketing, customer service and/or fundraising are encouraged to apply. Social media experience is also considered an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Retention of participants and teams through phone calls and emails.
• Assist with database entry and administrative duties.
• Attends various community events to recruit walkers, committee members and fundraising
• Assists with developing materials for social media sites
• Conduct research and prepare various emails, newsletters, campaign packets
• Assists with recruitment and maintenance of retail partnerships.
• Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented and highly organized
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
• Interest in community engagement, marketing and event logistics
January 2018 – May 2018
15 - 20 hours per week
Campaign Specialist, Light the Night