How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) works toward curing Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and Myeloma, as well as improving the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (Suncoast Chapter) Light the Night Walk funds lifesaving research and support for people battling cancer. It is a less than 1 mile annual evening walk that takes place in November at Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park. This walk is intended to be a celebration of life where we honor patients and remember those we have lost. Friends, families and co-workers form fundraising teams and millions of consumers help by donating at participating retail locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Retention of participants and teams through phone calls and emails.
• Assists with developing materials for social media sites.
• Assist with database entry and administrative duties.
• Attends various community events to recruit walkers, committee members and fundraising.
• Conduct research and prepare various emails, newsletters, campaign packets.
• Assists with recruitment and maintenance of retail partnerships.
• Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented and highly organized
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
• Interest in community engagement, marketing and event logistics