Performs diverse projects and activities for the chapter to support and enhance revenue generation in support of LLS’ mission.
Reports to: Light The Light Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers select on-going programs and/or special projects (e.g. sponsorship recruitment, corporate/foundation prospect identification and cultivation, benefit fulfillment, event press releases, event logistics coordination, etc.)
• Provides administrative and clerical support for fundraising campaigns.
• Maintains assigned office, program and event records, files and databases.
• Prepares event related correspondence and reports.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 2 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience.
• Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy and advocacy and research
• Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
• Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Professional and solid judgment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• May be required to travel within the Chapter's designated area.
• Required to work evenings or weekends.
• Prioritize Research Programs: Pro-actively direct Grant and TAP programs to address specific research gaps and medical needs.
• Drive Advocacy & Policy Agenda: Develop a coordinated advocacy network and a robust internal policy capability that, together, can influence and
educate key policy decision makers on priority access issues to break down barriers.
• Maximize Patient Impact: Reach more patients and have greater impact through improved efficiency, urgency and effectiveness of support,
education, and information delivery.
• Increase Awareness: Raise LLS brand awareness and engagement to drive revenue & establish LLS as the leading cancer organization driving cures
• Improve Net Profitability: Maximize net income from existing channels through prioritization, organizational alignment and optimization of
• Diversify Revenue: Identify and develop high-growth, high-margin revenue opportunities focusing on volunteer initiatives, eRevenue, donor
development and new partner development.
• Enhance Organizational Performance: Assess resources, improve productivity and optimize organizational capacity.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.