The Outreach Account Lead supports The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) signature fundraising campaign, Pennies for Patients, within assigned territory. Responsible for several aspects of Pennies for Patients including school recruitment and management, in-person visits, host assemblies, event wrap up, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Works under the supervision of Student Series Campaign Manager(s), in conjunction with fellow campaign staff, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
THIS POSITION IS A TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A TEMP AGENCY.
THIS POSITION IS A WORK FROM HOME POSITION, LOCATED IN JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and network with schools and coordinators in assigned counties to promote the Pennies for Patients campaign and drive fundraising success. Recruitment of schools will be done in-person 3-4 days a week during recruitment season (August – January).
• Manage and coach schools to achieve fundraising goals through planning, customer service and stewardship.
• Metrics are set and must be met for number of commitments to Pennies for Patients program as well as number of strategy meetings and assemblies scheduled with registered schools.
• Draft concise, effective and personable communications to volunteers, participants, and donors with oversight by Campaign Manager.
• Provide administrative assistance to campaign(s) through email, phone & website account management and Campaign 360 database.
• Perform other functions and activities as directed by the manager.
• Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License
• Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory.
• 1-2 years’ professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
• Experience with database management a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
• Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
• Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: