These resources include but are not limited to the following LLS services:
- First Connection Match program- appropriate for any newly diagnosed patient less than 6 months in treatment or any patient with a life or treatment change at any stage of treatment where a peer support would be beneficial.
- Nutritional consultation- free service appropriate for all patients at any stage of diagnosis. Could also be presented as a follow up to an inpatient nutritional consult after discharge.
- Copay and travel assistance- provide education to patients regarding our copay and travel assistance programs and facilitate the application process while with patient as needed. This includes printing the travel application and answering questions while the patient fills out the application and helping the patient by facilitating physician signatures.
- Support groups- providing local and online support group contact information as needed
- LLS Community- provide information concerning the social media outlet on the LLS website.
Documentation of efforts is paramount in this position. Interaction notes should be detailed and accurate. Referrals to various programs are documented in Salesforce for patient requests and internal activities should be created to begin the process for each program requested.
- Facilitating a patient education program locally
- Creating and or maintaining a local support group for patients as needed
- Volunteer recruitment as appropriate for more stable or remission level patients and family members
- Participation at certain LLS Chapter events throughout the year as needed.
- Participation in monthly all staff meetings
- Quarterly outreach visits to assigned area